From: Nicolas Saurbier <Nicolas.Saurbier@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] X will NOT run in framebuffer mode
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:40:51
1 For me, X + fb worked with a little help of
2
3 mkxf86config.sh
4
5 ;-)
6
7 emerge mkxf86config and run it and have a look, maybe it helps
8
9 Cheerz
10
11 NIC
12
13 > -----Original Message-----
14 > From: Holly Bostick [mailto:motub@××××××.nl]
15 > Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:04 PM
16 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
17 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X will NOT run in framebuffer mode
18 >
19 > Richard Watson schreef:
20 > > Hi - When trying to run X I'm getting the message "Fatal server
21 > > error: Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specifiy bus IDs for
22 > > all framebuffer devices". I'm running an IBM pentium 2 laptop, with
23 > > the genkernel from 2005.1 stage 3 install. Any help would be really
24 > > appreciated. Thanks, Richard
25 >
26 > Knowing what video chip is involved, what kernel module
27 > you're trying to
28 > use with it, and what settings you have in Xorg (the contents of
29 > /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log would be good
30 > here), would be
31 > useful info to have in order to attempt to help; we are not psychic
32 > (this week, as far as I know).
33 >
34 > Also, are you trying to run in framebuffer mode (and it's not working,
35 > obviously), or are you not supposed to be running in framebuffer mode
36 > (so you're making an incorrect request when starting the X
37 > server, which
38 > needs to be corrected)?
39 >
40 > Holly