From: Mark David Dumlao <stuffinator@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gnome-btdownload and overlays
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:42:19
1 Hi guys
2 I've been trying to get gnome-btdownload running off and on for a while now
3 but no
4 joy. I saw an ebuild in the ecatmur overlay, but i noticed that every once
5 in a while
6 ecatmur is down, so i figured it's a bit risky. Also, it doesn't work.
7
8 Some questions:
9 1) is there any other overlay that comes with gnome-btdownload? Something
10 stabler
11 than ecatmur? Or an ebuild for it maybe?
12 2) gnome-btdownload dies with the following error on startup.
13 === gnome-btdownload error message
14 markd@trixie:~$ gnome-btdownload
15 Traceback (most recent call last):
16 File "/usr/bin/gnome-btdownload", line 3, in ?
17 import sys, gnomebtdownload
18 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnomebtdownload/__init__.py", line
19 18, in ?
20 from client import *
21 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnomebtdownload/client.py", line
22 22, in ?
23 import BitTorrent.download, BitTorrent.bencode
24 ImportError: No module named download
25 /===
26
27 Where or how do I configure my system to get this stuff?
28 my gnome-btdownload version is thus
29 === gnome-btdownload version
30 markd@trixie:~$ equery list gnome-btdownload
31 [ Searching for package 'gnome-btdownload' in all categories among: ]
32 * installed packages
33 [I--] [ ~] net-p2p/gnome-btdownload-0.0.31 (0)
34
35 /===
36
37 What do I need to post? world file? use flags? clueless here.
38
39 Ever since i added ecatmmur, revdep-rebuild keeps rebuilding pygobject. I
40 figured
41 it's a broken dependency in ecatmur, so I removed both that and
42 gnome-btdownload
43 for now. Has anyone gotten gnome-btdownload working?
44 --
45 thing.