From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ramfs - is it necessary ???
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:43:32
1 On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:11:07 +0100, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2
3 > > It does, I have a system that boots 2.6.20 using an initrd. It works
4 > > fine and I don't feel inclined to get involved in initramfs voodoo
5 > > just to change an already working system
6 >
7 > What is that "voodoo" you're talking about. I did boot my /-on-EVMS
8 > system with an initrd for years, only to find out that initramfs is so
9 > much easier to set up. If there's voodoo, it's in initrd.
10
11 If I was starting from scratch, I'd use initramfs, but the initrd is
12 already working and requires zero effort - if it ain't broke...
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Always be sincere even if you don't mean it.