From: WooHyung Jeon <dev@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] need know-hows to fine-tune the kernel with new hardware
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 14:56:38
Dear amazing mentors!

I bought a new laptop, thinkpad E495. This laptop has Ryzen 3500U and
vega gpu. The hardware specification for this particular laptop isn't
the topic. I spent bunch of time to start X with this hardware, and then
the 'gentoo-kernel-bin' came to my mind. And then it does the work.

So, as you can see, this email isn't about 'how can I solve this
issue?'. Rather about "Do you have your know-hows to fine-tune the
kernel with the new hardware?". I'm doing (a) boot with a quite general
kernel, such as sysrescuecd's live iso or Debian, and check '$lspci -k',
(b) or turn on a few related options and then turn off one by one until
something breaks or doesn't work well.

Is there any other good methods to use?
--
Regards,