From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: problem dropping Python 2.7
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 06:03:40
1 from Philip Webb:
2
3 > I suspect Fetchmail is somewhat neglected : is there an alternative ?
4
5 > Otherwise, thanks for the various responses.
6 > I now understand what's going on & will defer Python 2.7 till year-end.
7
8 I use mpop and msmtp.
9
10 I tried to set up fetchmail many years ago. One deficiency is that it didn't allow downloading email to a file (mbox).
11
12 I used getmail, which is a Python script, many years ago after giving up on fetchmail.
13
14 I believe hplip, used for some HP printers including multifunction, depends on Python 2.7, something that needs to be corrected/updated. Or is that already done?
15
16 Tom