From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compiz effects vs kwin
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 02:06:04
1 On Sonntag 14 März 2010, ubiquitous1980 wrote:
2 > The effects in kwin (such as window wobble) are vastly less smooth than
3 > that in compiz. I have noticed that compiz is faster in both kde4 and
4 > in gnome (with slight preference to gnome in speed) and wondering if
5 > this is normal, or something to do with my kwin setup. Running on GM 965
6 >
7 > Thanks,
8 >
9 > Damien
10
11 for a lot of kwin effects you can change some settings making them smoother.
12 Also AFAIK in kde vsync is turned on.