From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Yahoo Messenger replacement
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:27:02
1 On 08/03/2009 06:19 PM, Matt Harrison wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I've recently needed to communicate with some people using Yahoo Messenger.
5 > It's not ideal but i'm unable to migrate them to something more open.
6 >
7 > I've got it working fine on my windows machine at work, but unfortunately
8 > I'm unable to get it working on my gentoo laptop.
9 >
10 > I've so far tried Pidgin, which seems to hang eternally when I try to
11 > connect, and I've tried looking for alternatives such as ymessenger but it
12 > seems they have been retired from portage.
13 >
14 > Does anyone have any advice on this subject? At the moment I'm having to VNC
15 > into my desktop machine just to use messenger when I'm out and about.
16 >
17 > Thanks in advance
18
19 You might want to try Kopete (it's a KDE app though so if you don't have
20 KDE installed it will pull-in kdelibs.)