From: forgottenwizard <phrexianreaper@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 09:56:13
1 On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 11:40:33AM +0200, Sebastian Be?ler wrote:
2 > Am 02.10.2009 11:29, schrieb forgottenwizard:
3 >
4 > > <insert emacs user whining>
5 > >
6 > > Thats an option, but seems to be a poor one. All that will do is let you
7 > > use either vi(m) or nano for the default, which for emacs users will be
8 > > no diffrent than the current problem.
9 >
10 > <joke>
11 > If you use emacs then you are to far away to be helped ;-)
12 > </joke>
13 At least 8 megs of RAM isn't a problem anymore.
16 > Then maybe a "custom_editor"-flag that inserts
17 >
18 > Defaults env_keep += "EDITOR VISUAL PAGER"
19 >
20 > to /etc/sudoers
21 >
22 > With that even emacs users would be satisfied.
23 >
24 > Greetings
25 >
26 > Sebastian
29 Didn't the maintainer/dev that was dealing with the bug say that he
30 wouldn't do that because it was insecure?
31
32 That also doesn't fix the problem that sudo thinks that nano is a safe
33 fallback.
34
35 How about a custom_editor flag, as you suggested, then an EDITOR
36 variable in make.conf? Thats the only way I could see being able to
37 solve this problem without invariably screwing someone. This would
38 provide a fairly sane default while giving the user the choice to use
39 something else.