From: Guilherme Amadio <guilherme.amadio@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: ssh/scp on XP and gentoo
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:59:15
1 On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 07:00:51PM +0000, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'd like to run ssh/scp on XP and Vista. However there seems to be losts of
5 > different ideas about how best to do this. [1]. I need to be able to selective
6 > scp various files from a windows system to a gentoo system, so I do not want
7 > to be limited to the cygwin installation tree of files. [2]
8 >
9 > I'd be curious what folks on this list recommend, or any other software
10 > for such interoperability between gentoo and XP/vista systems.
13 > [1] http://www.openssh.com/windows.html
14 > [2] http://www.jfitz.com/tips/ssh_for_windows.html#Should_I_use_SSH_or_a_VPN
15
16 Hi,
17
18 Have you ever tried WinSCP? I think that if you just need to copy files,
19 it is quite nice. For SSH there is PuTTY. I don't know if these are exactly
20 what you want though. They are both listed on your [1] reference.
21
22 WinSCP: http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
23 PuTTY: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
24