From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [ABANDONED] Re: [gentoo-user] Sound not sounding
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 09:26:25
1 On Wednesday, 23 March 2022 16:50:03 -00 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > The USB sound dongle on this workstation has stopped working, but only for
4 > me. The system settings Audio setup window detects it but no sound is heard
5 > (I nearly said none appears :) . It worked a week ago, and it still works
6 > if I log in as a new user. Windows 10 has no trouble with it either.
7 > Nothing has changed in the kernel setup, and all the right modules are
8 > loaded.
9
10 --->8
11
12 I gave up: not just life is too short - so was my sanity. I installed a new
13 stable system from bare metal, created a new user account and now I have a
14 working system.
15
16 Oddly, the system announces that it's found the USB sound dongle when I switch
17 the speakers on, even though the dongle has been there all along. Yet another
18 of life's little mysteries, I suppose.
19
20 Thanks are due to many who tried to help, so thank you all.
23 Regards,
24 Peter.