From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg-server 1.5.3 doesn't like 'freetype' and 'vga' modules?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 18:46:28
1 I was updating the xorg-server on my other gentoo box from 1.3.x to
2 1.5.3, and my X would not launch until I commented out 'freetype' or
3 'vga' modules in the xorg.conf - why is that?
4
5 Basically, I am going the old keyboard and mouse route for now, and I
6 rebuilt my nvidia drivers, mouse drivers, and keyboard drivers, as the
7 instructions told me - but X still wouldn't launch because the loader
8 complained that it can't find freetype and vga modules. Are these
9 modules phased out of the new xorg-server, or am I needing to rebuild
10 something else still?
11
12 Thanks!
13 Denis