From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no mouse nor keyboard on X
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 13:52:31
1 Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > Hi, guys,
3 >
4 > After quite a long update list of packages (100+) and a reboot, I
5 > could not work in any window or desktop manager I have installed.
6 >
7 > I rebooted (the ACPI power switch worked fine) and managed to get
8 > interactive action during the init scripts and did not allowed "xdm"
9 > to start.
10 >
11 > Then I was able to use normaly the keyboard and mouse ("gpm"). Forced
12 > reinstall of xorg-server, xorg-drivers, xorg-cf-files, xdm, kdm (also,
13 > in my case, nvidia-drivers) and tryed to use Window Maker - no mouse
14 > movements, although the pointer was there, and no visible keyboard effect.
15 >
16 > Any hints on how to get things back?
17 >
18 > Thanks
19 > Francisco
20 >
21 > --
22 > "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
23 > you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
24 > I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
25 > two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
26
27 I just went through the same thing. I don't think xorg got updated but
28 my X wouldn't start at all. This may help you as it did me:
29
30 emerge -1a $(qlist -I -C x11-drivers/)
31
32 Hope this helps.
33
34 Dale