From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE: unwanted dependencies
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:18:39
1 On 13/09/2013 12:10, Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
2 > Hi people,
3 >
4 > I am about to update KDE from 4.10.4 to 4.11.1.
5 > Is it possible to avoid installing various nepomuks and akonadis which
6
7 No
10 > appear to be required now? I have set USE=-semantic-desktop but it
11 > doesn't seem to help.
12 > My current KDE installation is quite happy without that stuff (which
13 > also brings along tons of other crap).
16 The KDE maintainers posted quite extensively about this some time back.
17
18 It is too hard to try and extract semantic-desktop out of the KDE build
19 whilst not breaking everything else. What you now do is allow the stuff
20 to be built, and disable the function in System Settings.
21
22 What this in effect means is you spend an extra 20 minutes building and
23 have a few more meg of disk space consumed by code than you never run.
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com