From: Luigi Pinna <mailing-gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Encripting /home
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:11:38
1 Alle 13:53, domenica 31 luglio 2005, Alexander Skwar ha scritto:
2 >
3 > How?
4 >
5 > /bin/crypsetup < file-with-passphrase
6 >
7 > Where does the attacker see the passphrase?
8 >
9 > Oh. You took my example way too literally. *echo*ing the password
10 > is an extremely bad idea. You're of course right. But in reality
11 > I of course don't do that. Further, I said, that the password can
12 > be piped to cryptsetup.
13
14 I did it:
15 I wrote in /etc/con.d/local.start:
16 echo
17 ebegin "Loading Shared device"
18 /root/cshared.sh
19 eend $? "Failed to load Shared device"
20 and the script cshared.sh is:
21
22 #!/bin/bash
23 /bin/cryptsetup -h ripemd160 -c aes create disc_hda /dev/hda3
24 /bin/mount /shared
25
26 In the boot, the system stops at the local init service and wait your
27 password, just press enter and the system continues to boot!
28 Luigi
29 --
30 Public key GPG(0x073A0960) on http://keyserver.linux.it/