From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trouble with X.org and ati opensource drivers
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 17:28:03
1 Alex Fansky ha scritto:
2 > Hello.
3 > I have xorg 7.2.0, KDE 3.5.6 and 2.6.19-gentoo-r4 kernel. My processor is
4 > athlon 1700, video card is radeon 9200se. I cannot use proprietary ati
5 > drivers, because my video card is no longer supported. So the problem is that
6 > xorg loads processor too much(about 20-30%).
7 >
8 > Also when I drag any window slowly with my mouse, It freezes for a little
9 > moment every N seconds. The same problem is when watching movies in mplayer -
10 > the picture freezes like the dragged window every N seconds.
11 >
12 > Any ideas?
13
14 I have almost your hardware configuration (ati radeon9200se, amd duron
15 1800), however I'm running stable (xorg 7.1, kde 3.5.5), and I have no
16 problems whatsoever (I'm even smoothly running aiglx+Beryl).
17
18 Have you checked the xorg logs/the system messages for strange things?
19 Did the problem occur when you switched to xorg 7.2? X use flags?
20
21 Do you have composite enabled but no aiglx/compiz/beryl? I remember
22 similar behaviour when I tried to use composite before the aiglx days.
23
24 Is direct rendering working?
25
26 Eventually use pastebin to post your xorg.conf, so that we can have a look.
27
28 m.
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list