From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How does grub assemble a RAID1 for / ??
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 01:08:34
1 On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 5:47 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 04/04/2010 07:20 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >>
4 >>  keeper ~ # diff /usr/src/linux/.config /mnt/gentoo/usr/src/linux/.config
5 >> 4c4
6 >> <  # Mon Mar 29 01:02:31 2010
7 >> ---
8 >>>
9 >>> # Sun Apr  4 06:28:53 2010
10 >>
11 >> 893,912c893,906
12 >> <  CONFIG_MD_LINEAR=m
13 >> <  CONFIG_MD_RAID0=m
14 >
15 > Hi Mark,
16 >
17 > Interesting thread, and I'm learning a lot from following along.  I know
18 > very little about raid so I can benefit from nearly any question.
19 >
20 > Just one suggestion about diffs, though.  Most people who post and/or test
21 > patches will expect the 'unified' diff format, which is generated by using
22 > 'diff -u'.  Much easier for humans to parse.
23 >
24 Walt,
25 Good to know about the diff stuff. I hope I can remember that next
26 time. Glad if this thread can help others, either now or in the
27 future.
28
29 I do intend to follow up with the mdadm guys about the actual
30 metadata requirements when I get a chance.
31
32 I'm just finishing emerge -DuN @world on the new RAID build. Fast
33 with an 8 core processor and Enterprise class RAID drives. Can hardly
34 wait for the big 12 core machine with two RAIDs in it to start
35 running.
36
37 Cheers,
38 Mark