From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Copying settings from Konqueror-3.5 to 4.3
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:17:08
1 On Thursday 22 October 2009 17:45:36 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Etaoin Shrdlu writes:
3 > > On Wednesday 21 October 2009, Mick wrote:
4 > > > Maybe I am getting lazy - but wouldn't mind all my ftp, webdav and ssh
5 > > > settings under the Network places to have been carried over into KDE4.
6 > > > How do I go about copying them over?
7 > >
8 > > I did
9 > >
10 > > cp -a .kde3.5 .kde4
11 > >
12 > > and all the settings (not just only konqueror's) were picked up.
13 >
14 > That did not work for me, all windows had no window title then. But it
15 > worked fine for partial applications when I copied just their data over.
16 > For konqueror, that would probably be share/config/konquerrorrc and
17 > share/apps/konqueror/.
20 I also found odd inconsistencies copying .kde3.5 to .kde4
21
22 Kopete has twice reordered my contacts
23 akonadi integration with kmail was flakey
24 system tray icons come and go as they please
25 and various other oddities that don't happen with new users
26
27 It would seem that a largely vanilla 3.5 config migrates to 4 with low risk.
28 As the old config is more and more modified, the odds of 100% success reduce.
29
30 As always, YMMV
34 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com