From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is the souce code of software?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:07:34
1 Hi,
2
3 Am Donnerstag, 10. November 2011, 20:46:28 schrieb Lavender:
4 > Could anyone tell me that where I can find the source
5 > code of software on my system? Such as ls, cd .etc.
6
7 first you have to find out to which package the binary you are interested in
8 belongs to, eg
9 ~ $ equery b /bin/ls
10 * Searching for /bin/ls ...
11 sys-apps/coreutils-8.14 (/bin/ls)
12
13 (If you don't have equery, install gentoolkit)
14
15 Use the command
17 to download the sources to your distfiles.
18 (if they are already there, the command above downloads nothing)
19
20 Unpack them to somewhere in your $HOME, done.
21
22 Best,
23 Michael