From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: kernel parameters
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:00:18
1 On Monday 27 June 2011 18:53:31 Remy Blank wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Can anyone point me to the parameter concerned? I can't find it with
4 > > grep.
5 >
6 > Could it be CONFIG_DETECT_SOFTLOCKUP?
7
8 Thanks to you and Alan.
9
10 No, I don't think so, as there's none such in my kernel config (this is
11 2.6.38, and none of the other distros have a version as recent as this). The
12 same applies to pcie_aspm.
13
14 Meanwhile, I've resorted to switching things off in the BIOS, but as the
15 lockups are intermittent it's going to take a while to find what's doing it.
18 Rgds
19 Peter