From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user][SOLVED] quickpkg - blocking portage-2.1.9.24
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 23:16:50
1 On 11/27/10 21:45, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 [snip]
4 >> >> I just ran the same update (and it reported it was going ahead with the
5 >> >
6 >> >update despite the collision). Looks like quickpkg is now in portage;
7 >> >
8 >> ># qfile /usr/bin/quickpkg
9 >> >sys-apps/portage (/usr/bin/quickpkg)
10 >>
11 >> I just "--sync" and it stopping at the same place :-/
12 >> Detected file collision(s):
13 >> /usr/bin/quickpkg
16 >You didn't do anything about the collision, so it's still happening.
20 >Read the portage man pages to gain an understanding of how portage works and
21 >what --sync updates (it will not fix your problem)
22 >
23 >Some package installed /usr/bin/quickpkg, now portage wants to install it.
24 >Presumably, the old package is now part of portage itself.
25 >
26 >Anyway, while that binary is there portage is not going to install itself.
27 >This is a good thing and you do not ever want to disable it.
28 >
29 >So sit quietly for a moment and figure out why you need to delete
30 >/usr/bin/quickpkg, then do so and emerge portage. This time it will work.
33 >--
34 >alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
35
36 SOLVED!
37 Removing the link solves the problem. New portage will re-create the link.
40 Joseph