From: Konstantin Shakhnov <kastian@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux error messages trying to mimic w*nd*ws ?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 09:18:57
1 On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 09:11:04PM +0100, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to burn an iso image onto a rewritable
5 > CD (CD-RW) with k3b.
6 >
7 > I loaded the empty CDRW medium into the burner.
8 >
9 > I started k3b.
10 >
11 > Top left it says:
12 >
13 > "Empty CDRW-medium"
14 >
15 > I pressed "Burn ISO".
16 >
17 > A dialog pops up, asking for a ISO image
18 > which did select.
19 >
20 > Then it calculates the Hash and asked
21 > me "Please insert an empty medium"
22 >
23 > "Okay", I thought, "may erasing helps!"
24 >
25 > I choosed "Erase CDRW". A dialog pops
26 > up and offers "Start", which I pressed.
27 >
28 > Instantly another error dialog pop up, which
29 > seems to be presented by another, foreign
30 > OS...it looks so familiar, saying:
31 >
32 > "Found medium: Empty CD-RW medium
33 > Please insert rewritable CD medium into drive."
34 >
35 > Lost?
36 >
37 > What went so badly here?
38
39 Try to run k3b not by clicking icon, but from console and repeat
40 writing cd. Sometimes "userfriendly" gui programs write something useful
41 to STDERR.
42
43 BTW great phraseology!