From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] login to gnome fails
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 13:11:17
1 On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 >
3 > greetings ...
4 >
5 > for some days now I fiddle around with an issue on my ~amd64 thinkpad.
6
7 [snip]
8
9 I had a really weird problem that, perhaps, it has something to do
10 with yours. After reading this:
11
12 http://notes.torrez.org/2013/04/put-a-burger-in-your-shell.html
13
14 I thought "hey, that's a cool idea", so I put a unicode character in
15 my PS1 environment variable. Afterwards, I was unnable to log into
16 GNOME; it took me several hours to link the PS1 variable to the
17 problem, since I did the change inside of GNOME, and I didn't logout
18 until I upgraded.
19
20 I removed the PS1 override, and everything just worked again.
21
22 So, just to discard this particular case, you should check your
23 environment variables.
24
25 Regards.
26 --