From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lost deadkeys layout
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:31:39
1 Luigi Pinna wrote:
2 > Alle 22:28, giovedì 13 luglio 2006, Benno Schulenberg ha scritto:
3 > > Okay. But what does 'equery belongs xdm' say? You really seem
4 > > to have trouble reading and following instructions.
5 >
6 > Sorry, I mixed all things, sometime I already tried something,
7
8 When you're asked what something says, you are supposed to post the
9 results, no matter whether you think it's important or not.
10
11 > sometime I don't understand what it means...
12
13 Then ask.
14
15 > I found that the xorg.conf doesn't work. If I remove
16 > it, the X server starts good,
17
18 What does that mean? You're being far too vague. Does all of KDE
19 or Gnome or fluxbox or whatever you use work?
20
21 > if I create one of them (xorgconfig, X -configure, the
22 > xorg-x11-6.8.X one), X doesn't start correctly.
23
24 Grrr... _What_ is going wrong? What are the exact errors?
25
26 Also, you were asked for the output of 'emerge --info'. _Post_ it.
27 Plus the _whole_ of the failing xorg.conf.
28
29 Benno
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list