From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-2.7 && python-updater
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:29:29
1 On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 06:56:20 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > > I installed 2.7 on August 10th and removed 2.6 on October 5th.
6 > > --
7 > > Neil Bothwick
8 >
9 > Do you recollect whether you ran python-updater immediately after the
10 > 2.7 emerge, and do you remember whether you set 2.7 as your active
11 > version 2 python version before or after running python-updater?
12
13 I don't recollect what I did seven days ago, let alone seven months. But
14 I installed 2.7 on a stable box this morning, set it as active, 't
15 remove ran python-updater and then depclean removed it. Depclean wouldn't
16 remove it before running python-updater.
17
18 Whether you have to set 2.7 active first, I have no idea, but that order
19 certainly works.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Death to all fanatics!