From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Shared libraries in Gentoo
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:26:16
1 On 09/10/2010 09:43 AM, Florian Philipp wrote:
2
3 > ..why hasn't FreeBSD's
4 > scheduler been ported to Linux? Or is the whole software stack (block
5 > devices etc.) so completely different that it wouldn't work?
6
7 Well, I can't answer your question, but you just reminded me that Linus
8 himself once declared that the scheduler "is not an interesting problem".
9 It certainly seems to be an emotional problem, though, based on more
10 recent events.
11
12 This is really more for linux gossip junkies than for techno-geeks:
13
14 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Con_Kolivas