From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] error source? on update of world
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:08:30
1 On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:33:51 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > The messages below show up at the login prompt when I boot my updated
4 > world system. I've searched this group on all of those in caps at
5 > gmane and got some hits but not that I could put together into a plan
6 > of action.
7 >
8 > First, where do they come from... dmesg is inlined at the end.
9 >
10 > configuration error - unknown item 'FAILLOG_ENAB' (notify administrator)
11 > configuration error - unknown item 'LASTLOG_ENAB' (notify administrator)
12 > configuration error - unknown item 'MOTD_FILE' (notify administrator)
13 > configuration error - unknown item 'FTMP_FILE' (notify administrator)
14
15 These are all settings from /etc/login.defs. Although I have this file on
16 my system, no package appears to own it, so I suspect it is part of pam
17 (I removed pam many months ago). Did you update pam or shadow?
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Seduced by the Chocolate side of the Force...