From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to remove HAL
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 05:05:58
1 On Wednesday 28 July 2010 04:44:23 sam new wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 > As we know, HAL is not used by Xorg for output devices or any other
4 > devices,so I want to remove it completely,I set USE="-hal" in
5 > /etc/make.conf ,and recompile the packages, and also modify
6 > /etc/conf.d/xdm with NEED_HALD="no" ,exec rc-update del hal default .All
7 > things goes well ,yesterday,I use emerge to update my world ,in the list
8 > still has a hal package, I don't know why system sitll emerge hal? maybe
9 > dependence ,but I use 'equery d hal' and check packages which depend HAL
10 > ,have no idea ,any Suggestions?
13 emerge -avuNDt world
16 to get a tree view of dependencies. That will should just what is causing hal
17 to be pulled in
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com