From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo linux in hp proliant DL 360
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 07:42:27
1 Shain Lee wrote:
2 > hi ,
3 >
4 > I have a hp proliant DL 360 server. actually i tried to install RedHat
5 > linux 9 and fedora core 5 . Those Os's are giving me major problems .
6 > But RedHat linux 9 , some extend it's good . I could manage to install .
7 > Actually , i would like to ask you guys , whether gentoo linux can we
8 > instal without any problems to that particular machine ?
9 > If it's possible , can u give me a little guide ? does current gentoo
10 > version supports for server capabilities ?
11
12 Works fine with Gentoo from 2005.1 install disk going forward. My
13 personal server is one and I have the Compaq RAID card as well which was
14 supported without issue though the naming is a bit odd ie /dev/sda1 on
15 another system is actually /dev/cciss/c0d0p1 on that system. Keep that
16 in mind and follow the install guide and you should have no issues.
17
18 kashani
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list