From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tried desktop profile
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 18:40:42
1 On Wed, 14 Oct 2020, antlists wrote:
2
3 > Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 14:37:01
4 > From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
5 > Reply-To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tried desktop profile
8 >
9 > On 14/10/2020 18:38, Jude DaShiell wrote:
10 > > Let's see, yes that was a typo, those ssd disks are each 120GB and
11 > > unfortunately the Alien ATX case used only has room for one of them.
12 > > However external ssd drives are on the market.
13 >
14 > Does your mobo support NVMe drives? Just be aware my mobo is crap in that it
15 > says it supports two graphics cards, NVMe, etc, but if you stick an NVMe in
16 > the second graphics card is disabled, or if you use both the NVMe slots you
17 > lose a couple of SATA ports, or whatever. Bit of a PoS in that regard.
18 >
19 > The other possibility is do you have spare 3.5 drive bays? You can get a
20 > converter to put 2.5 drives in them.
21 >
22 > And can you stick an expansion card in? You might want to buy a card with
23 > eSATA ports.
24
25 The system has loads of nvidia stuff on it and ati radeon 300/600 monitor
26 so it can do nouveau but I don't know if it can do more than that. No
27 spare bays either so I'll have to go external.
28
29 > > Cheers,
30 > Wol