From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 2.0.0.5
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:03:47
1 Am Mittwoch 25 Juli 2007 04:10 schrieb fire-eyes:
2 > Stratos Psomadakis wrote:
3 > > i just did an update,and firefox 2.0.0.5 has been added to the tree(~
4 > > masked)...
5 > > but i just read a post at slashdot.org that says about a password
6 > > vulnerability of 2.0.0.5...
7 > > here's the link: http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/23/1450224
8 > >
9 > > i just want to ask if it's ok to update to the new firefox,or if it's a
10 > > serious sec problem?... :/
11 > >
12 > > thx...
13 >
14 > It's okay to update, as far as I know it's 2.0.0.5 and before (aka
15 > everything...).
16 >
17 > Your best bet is to not use the password saving features, install
18 > noscript (important: WIPE OUT it's whitelist, then selectively add sites
19 > you trust).
20
21 There is an addon called "Secure Login". I think it solved the original
22 problem by preventing Firefox from sending paaswords without the users
23 agreement but I'm not sure if it really helps at all.