From: Christian Kruse <cjk@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] making bootable USB
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:48:47
1 Hi,
2
3 At Mon, 1 Sep 2014 21:13:14 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 > > No, the current minimal ISO image can't be dd'ed to an USB
5 > > stick. Tried it yesterday for a fresh install on a new box, it doesn't
6 > > work.
7 >
8 > It definitely works here, and fdisk shows it to be a hybrid image. You
9 > are writing it to the USB device itself and not a partition on it?
10
11 Yeah, I'm sure. But it might be a weird BIOS problem, since I can only
12 boot from USB sticks when they're sticked into a USB slot at the back.
13
14 Regards,
17 Christian Kruse
18 http://ck.kennt-wayne.de/