From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean wants to remove required packages
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:19:39
1 On Monday 26 February 2007, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Monday 26 February 2007 20:43:09 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3
4 > > You have a bunch of packages that --depclean wants to remove. It
5 > > looks like they should not be removed.
6 >
7 > A bit curious how you've reached that conclusion? Why shouldn't they?
8
9 The OP said in his original mail
10
11 "when I run emerge
12 --depclean wants remove packages that would break dependencies"
13
14 Presumably he knows his system well enough to know that the packages in
15 question are necessary.
16
17 I probably worded my statement wrongly as well. As written it implies
18 that --depclean erroneously wants to remove things that should remain
19 according to information in the ebuilds. I should have said --depclean
20 wants to remove things that the OP would prefer to remain.
21
22 alan
23
24
25 --
26 Optimists say the glass is half full,
27 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
28 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
29
30 Alan McKinnon
31 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
32 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list