From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql use flag witout server, using only client libaries
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:37:15
1 On Thursday 29 July 2010 17:19:09 Tomas Krasnican wrote:
2
3 > I haven't see any reason to run mysql server localy, when all of
4 > applications are using external box as the database server. So, I
5 > looking for the another solution of this "problem".
6
7 As Alan said, installing the server doesn't cost a lot, especially
8 compared with the personal cost of finding a way to exclude it while
9 still keeping the client. And as long as you don't add mysqld to any run
10 level, it doesn't consume any CPU cycles: it just sits there on your
11 disk being ignored.
12
13 You were right to put "problem" in quotation marks.
16 Rgds
17 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.