From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPython with Python3 - what magic am I missing?
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:16:46
1 Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
2 > On 20/06/13 08:31, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 >
5 > > I'd like start IPython with Python3 as underlying Python
6 > > interpretor. GenToo has some magic to invoke IPython which I don't
7 > > understand.
8 >
9 > > /usr/bin/ipython is a symlink to /usr/bin/python-exec which is a
10 > > script invoking the binary /usr/bin/python-exec-c
11 >
12 > > I don't have Python3 as standard Python version (too dangerous with
13 > > Portage?)
14 >
15 > Portage does just fine with Python3. In fact, it's actually faster (I
16 > hear claims of upto 30% speed improvement but I haven't seen any data
17 > nor tested it myself.).
20 Is there a way to tell portage to use python3 by default then? I have
21 it here so maybe it is already using python3? Anyway to know?
22
23 Dale
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
31 how you interpreted my words!