From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg 1.9
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 05:07:37
1 On 01/19/2011 06:46 AM, dan blum wrote:
2 > I upgraded my xorg from 1.76 to 1.9 yesterday, including downloading the
3 > most recent drivers. When the new system did not work, I checked the
4 > xorg log (attached) and I thought that the problem was the mode setting.
5 > So in the kernel, I "enabled the modesetting by default" and now the
6 > card does not send any signals to the screen at all.
7 >
8 > I can go back to the old kernel settings. But does anyone know what was
9 > the initial problem, and what needs to be done to correct this.
10 >
11 > Thanks for any advice.
12
13 You seem to be using kernel 2.6.32. That *might* be the problem. Try
14 2.6.36.
15
16 Other than that, the usual stuff applies: Delete your xorg.conf (so that
17 X.Org can automatically configure everything) and make sure you don't
18 have VESAFB enabled in the kernel.