From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual Boot System Setup
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 03:19:03
1 On Jan 23, 2006, at 9:06 PM, Sean wrote:
2
3 > I have a laptop I want to setup to boot either Gentoo or Windows.
4 >
5 > Looking around I am trying to find recommendations as to which is
6 > better to install first, Gentoo or Windows. From what I found,
7 > either often gets a recommendation.
8 > Would anyone recommend which is the best method for setup, start
9 > with Gentoo or Windows?
10 >
11 always, always install windows first. when you install grub with
12 gentoo,you make the grub.conf that chainboots windows. if you
13 install windows second, it won't ask...and you'll end up booting into
14 the install cd and installing grub again anyway.
15 > I also want to setup a common partition for data storage which both
16 > can access. Again, can anyone recommend a setup?
17 >
18 > Thanks
19 > Sean
20 > --