From: Ralf Stephan <ralf@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where is the unifont?
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:25:37
1 Albert wrote
2 > > Thanks, that was it. I relied on the usual etc-update to do such
3 > > things. I mean, if I install a font, I sure want it in the xconfig?
4 >
5 > That's not what etc-update does. etc-update is just a tool that helps
6 > you manage files that a package installs that were CONFIG_PROTECTed.
7 > Since font packages don't supply xorg.conf there's nothing to
8 > CONFIG_PROTECT and therefore etc-update is futile. ...
9
10 Then let me phrase it alternatively. As another poster said (thanks),
11 the path can be set with xset +fp. Shouldn't this be done at
12 installation?
15 ralf
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list