From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Amarok only masked with ~x86 keyword
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:50:13
1 On Friday 23 January 2009 11:11:18 Damian wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > What does it means when the ~amd64 is not one of the keywords used to
5 > mask the package?
6 >
7 > The problem I have is that I would like to install amarok 2 but I
8 > cannot unmask it by accepting ~amd64. It is safe to unmask it using
9 > ~x86 even though my system is amd64?
10
11 The ebuild has this:
12
13 $ grep KEYWORDS amarok-2.0.1.1.ebuild
14 KEYWORDS="~x86"
15
16 So it's not even tested on amd64. The answer is in 'man portage':
19 Note:
20 In addition to the normal values from ACCEPT_KEYWORDS package.key-
21 words supports three special tokens:
22
23 * package is visible if it is stable on any architecture
24 ~* package is visible if it is in testing on any architecture
25 ** package is always visible (KEYWORDS are ignored completely)
30 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com