From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About to have fiber internet and need VPN info
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2022 23:07:48
1 On Monday, 8 August 2022 17:25:08 BST Laurence Perkins wrote:
2
3 > I would strongly recommend getting your own equipment with most ISPs since
4 > the rental price on their equipment will buy a new modem yearly.
5 >
6 > Now, that said, the other ISP in the area also has a backdoor, and they try
7 > to connect to it any time they're running diagnostics, and if the
8 > connection fails then they reset the circuit. So your choice is use one of
9 > their sanctioned models and leave the backdoor alone or else have sporadic
10 > dropouts.
11
12 Life isn't like that in the UK - at least, I hope not. I'm not aware of any
13 such behaviour by my ISP.
16 Regards,
17 Peter.