From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot mount dvd
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:59:27
1 2008/11/7 Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 >> Yes with 2.01.01_alpha51, even when I select iso level 3. I haven't
5 >> tried the two ~x86 versions yet.
6 >
7 > There was a bug report in August and the problem has been fixed on August 14th
8 > with 2.01.01a47.
9 >
10 > How do you repeat the problem?
11
12 I am not sitting infront of the machine in question, but from memory
13 the basic steps involve:
14
15 1. Open k3b and create a data DVD project with at least one file
16 greater than 2G. Total size of files that I tried this with was
17 between 3.8G and 4.1G.*
18 2. Click on 'burn' and either tick UDF structure under the filesystem
19 tab, or (also?) tick iso level 3 under Custom settings.
20 3. Burn.
21 4. I noticed that the DVD drive will open the tray when the burning is
22 complete, but it will not close it again to verify the written files.
23 In that sense I have to cancel the project to be able to close k3b.
24
25 Thereafter, I can mount the DVD and read the files on it, as long as I
26 specify iso9960 fs in /etc/fstab. Trying to mount it either with
27 auto, or removing the entry in fstab altogether and relying on
28 dbus/hald results in 0000 access rights for all the files on the
29 mounted DVD.
32 * There's something deeply dissatisfying with creating coasters
33 instead of successfully burning CDs/DVDs so I have only tried this
34 twice so far. ;-)
35
36 HTH.
37 --