From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Invalid boot diskette" what do I do?
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 21:01:59
1 On 17 February 2012 20:47, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > LOL.  Except not really.  Am I totally screwed or is there some
3 > little-known method for kick-starting an apparently dead HD?
4 > Everything was fine until it was rebooted.  Multiple reboots always
5 > come back to:
6 >
7 > Invalid Boot diskette- Enter BOOT diskette into A:
8 >
9 > Cracks about how if the system is old enough to have a floppy drive
10 > then it's overdue for a dead HD are appropriate.
11
12 This worked for me moderately well recently:
13 http://superuser.com/questions/1078/harddrive-in-the-freezer-ever-work-for-you
14
15 ... in that I was able to get enough files off it to putter along
16 until I could restore from backups.