From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fine grained net dependancies
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 19:08:10
1 On Thursday 07 December 2006 01:48, Thomas Rösner wrote:
2 > > At some point I was sure baselayout supported full runscript depend(){}
3 > > syntax, in the form depend_${iface}(){}.
4 >
5 > That'd be nice! I didn't know it ever worked. It would be nice if this
6 > could be made to work again.
7
8 There is support for depend_${iface}(){}, if the function is defined it's
9 executed. I haven't dug deeply enough to see why my "before" is seemingly
10 ignored. It's probably only effective to net scripts, not run scripts in
11 general.
12
13 > > But heartbeat continues to start after the first net service starts, so
14 > > it fails to start as the interface it needs doesn't exist yet.
15 >
16 > Why not set RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="yes" in /etc/conf.d/rc?
17
18 Another excellent suggestion, thanks!
21 Mike Williams
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list