From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kpdf crashes with large documents.
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 08:46:12
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 081231 darren kirby wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I recently "stole" a Motorola Razr phone which didn't come with manual.
7 >>> I downloaded it off the Motorola website and was attempting to read,
8 >>> when Kpdf crashed. It does this when I scroll down to about page 30 .
9 >>> http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-research/motorola-razr-v3i_user-manual.aspx
10 >>>
11 >> it crashed my kpdf and my xpdf.
12 >> Oddly, KGhostView renders it fine. Something fishy...
15 > Same here on a generally stable Gentoo on which Kpdf & Xpdf are reliable.
16 > IIRC i've seen rare cases of this before, when KGV saved the day.
17 > The problem here happens with certain pages in the file, eg p 10 ;
18 > some later pages, eg pp 11-12 , are ok.
19 > There must be something in a few pages which is not correct PDF format.
20 > Has anyone searched Gentoo Forum/Bugs or KDE bugs ?
21 > Anyway, it's clearly a bug in Kpdf, which sb reported.
25 Could it be a font that is missing or corrupt? It is strange that
26 Kghostview works tho if it is a missing font. Could it be qt or some
27 other lib that has a issue?
28
29 I did search for "kpdf crash" on fgo but have not searched bgo. Should
30 this be reported to KDE folks or Gentoo folks?
31
32 Dale
33