From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: whats going on with python versions?
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 13:17:39
1 On 2018-07-10, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > In my last update which was about June 21 or so, lots of packages
4 > were reinstalled to make python3.6 the default target for python3.
5 > I don't have any targets like that in my make.conf, so it was done
6 > -- about 200 reinstalls. Now when I look at my latest update, a lot
7 > of them are going back to 3.5 instead.
8
9 That's why I set PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_5" in my make.conf. I
10 figured it would be best to wait until everything worked with 3.6. My
11 guess is that six months or so after 3.6 becomes the default ought to
12 do it.
15 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! So this is what it
16 at feels like to be potato
17 gmail.com salad