From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: State of Radeon drivers
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 16:17:45
1 On 07/25/2010 07:00 PM, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Hi list!
3 >
4 > I have a quick question: I plan to buy a notebook with an ATI Mobility
5 > Radeon HD 4250. How well would that one work? Can I reasonably expect
6 > Suspend2Ram, 3d acceleration etc to work stable?
7
8 Suspend should work. 3D however is too slow.
9
10 You'd be better of using the proprietary driver, especially since on a
11 notebook you want to have increased battery life; the open source driver
12 doesn't provide good power management.