From: Nilesh Govindarajan <contact@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] TVSE MSP 240 Classic Dot Matrix Printer
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 04:25:59
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm using Gentoo, and I'm thinking of buying this printer:
4 http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370533563484
5
6 The printer specification says that it can emulate Epson ESC/P and IBM
7 Proprinter command sets.
8
9 I saw CUPS documentation and it is written that printers supporting
10 Epson ESC/P command set are supported on Linux.
11 http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sam.html#EPSON9
12
13 I'd like to know if anybody is using this printer here on this list or,
14 does it require some hardware switch changes, etc (like jumper settings)
15 to make the printer comply to particular command set? I'm buying a dot
16 matrix printer for the first time, please help. It's urgent.
19 Nilesh Govindarajan
20 http://nileshgr.com