From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: knotify4 is having a hissy fit again
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 22:26:20
1 On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 23:02:20 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > After some further investigation it is worth reporting that the problem
4 > was caused not by knotify, but by kdeinit!
5 >
6 > I exited X and stopped xdm. Only one knotify4 was left running as well
7 > as the kdeinit, both pegged at 100% and neither would go away after the
8 > X session had exited. I was able to kill -15 the knotify PID, but the
9 > kdeinit would not shift until I used kill -9.
10
11 It's actually kded4 causing the problem, and it is a known issue.
12 killall -9 kded4 gets things working again.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Death is proven to be 99.9% fatal to all laboratory rats.