From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Broken 3D
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 03:38:44
1 On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:49:41 +0000 (UTC), James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > bzflag will not run....
6 >
7 > I'm using ati-drivers (9.9-r2) on an AMD64 system.
8 >
9 > xdriinfo says?
10 >
11 > Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on
12 > display ":0.0"
13 > Screen 0: not direct rendering capable.
16 > Wnen I recompile ati-drivers I get this:
17 >
18 > snip
19 > Found sources for kernel version:
20 > 2.6.30-gentoo-r4
21 > You have DRM support built in to the kernel
22 > Direct rendering will not work.
25 > I usally aways put my video driver stuff into
26 > the kernel, not as a module......
27
28 You can't since you want to use ati-driver/fglrx. The fglrx is not part of
29 the kernel, it's only shipped in the form of a binary-only closed source
30 kernel module. fglrx doesn't need (and most likely will fail as you see)
31 the in-kernel radeon drm driver. So, either disable radeon AND drm in your
32 kernel, or build them as modules and make sure that they are not loaded
33 before you try to load fglrx.
38 Jesús Guerrero