From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] HDD I/O and UI responsiveness
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 01:46:09
1 On Tuesday 28 November 2006 17:45, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] HDD I/O and UI responsiveness':
3 > I read somewhere that they are trying to 'nice' the drive usage like
4 > they do the CPU. That may help if you can find it and enable it. I
5 > think it is in some of the very new kernels if I read it correctly.
6 > Sorry, I didn't bookmark it. < slaps hand >
7
8 There's the ionice utility provided by...
9 <Running equery>
10 ...sys-process/schedutils.
13 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
14 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
15 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
16 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh