From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [O.T] Kernel and general Linux Benchmarking
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:46:15
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:03:27 +0000 Bruno Santos
4 <feiticeir0@××××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5
6 > I need to perform some benchmarks with the Kernel and with the distro
7 > itself but i cannot find any satisfactory app for that.
8
9 /usr/portage/benchmark/*
10
11 ...but it absolutely depends on *what* you want to benchmark
12 (concurrent access, networking, threading, forking, packet inspection,
13 harddrive performance, latency, etc.pp.)
14
15 > Does anyone knows some good ones? Or something i can make with the
16 > distro itself (any command or procedure) to see such data ??
17
18 Just tell us what data you want to see. I guess bogomips is not what
19 you're searching for? ;-)
20
21 -hwh
22 --